For the Community
We want to offer people in our community a sense of support, connection and a way to create meaning in their lives.
The positive effects of the arts on well-being is well known and proven.
So we don’t just put on a fabulous park party we also actively fundraise to reach the people in our community who don’t get to come to the Festival events or may not think the Festival is for them!
With the money we raise we deliver fun creative activities that build confidence and self esteem.
Please help us reach more people who need the arts in their lives by donating what you can afford here.
In 2019-20 we:
- Reached 20,000 people with the 2020 Crystal Palace Live Streamed Show
- Supported 94 artists as their income have disappeared as live events fall victim to the pandemic
- Reached hundreds of people in our community offline with our high street engagements
- Gave 26 young people aged 13-25 the opportunity to be part of our Live Streamed Show as professional performers
- Featured a hugely diverse range of artists including young, LGBTQi, BAME and deaf and disabled performers
- Created a community cast of performers of all ages and backgrounds for our beautiful dance outreach project The Big Ball
- Engaged 23 young people aged 8-15 in a visual arts project that aimed to help them express themselves in a positive way post-lockdown
- Supported 3 fantastic local Crystal Palace charities with our donations campaign during the Live Streamed Show
- Engaged with 25 volunteers to deliver the 2020 Festival and outreach projects.
We are now developing more projects to reach the under-represented and under-served people in our community with exciting creative opportunities in 2021 so if you would like to help us in this important work please donate what ever you can afford.