ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Crystal Palace Overground Festival is a mainly free community arts and culture festival run by a team of dedicated volunteers.
The festival was launched in 2006 by the Upper Norwood Triangle traders and has gone from strength to strength with over 10,000 people attending the 2015 event. We became a constituted voluntary group in 2011 called the Crystal Palace Festival Group. The organisation is a source of community cohesion through arts and culture. We are inclusive, creative, diverse and fun. We provide cultural activities and events that are relevant for the community and support community belonging. Volunteers are the heart of everything we do.
What do we achieve?
Some estimated 7,000 man hours are donated by local people to put on this festival – that’s £105,000 at a living wage of £15 per hour and £43,000 at the minimum wage. Incredible, isn’t it?
We actively seek to involve you, our local community, in developing the programme, or participating as performers, workshop participants, as volunteers to ensure the festival runs smoothly, or simply as visitors.
- We enable people to access many free artistic and cultural events
- We create over 300 volunteering opportunities
- We enable our volunteers to gain desirable work place and life skills
- We promote Crystal Palace and provide an economic benefit to the local area
- We support cohesion for our diverse community
- We give local people access to information and advice to improve their health and wellbeing
Our accounts – our financial year runs from January to December: