We had a lot of fun making this film and it was a privilege to meet such wonderful volunteers, visitors and traders as we made it and to find out how the festival has impacted their lives and Crystal Palace as a community. We hope you enjoy watching it as much as we did making it.
The festival team are working hard to raise funding from sponsorship, advertising, stall fees, bar income, ticket income, listings fee and merchandise and these activities will raise £30,000, 60% of what we need to put on the festival in 2015.
We have now managed to reduce our initial target of £19,000 to just £12,000 with your public donations and new volunteers coming on board to reduce our costs even further by £5,600!
So we need your help to raise the other £12,000, 25% of our funding
Most of the festival is free so this means that everyone from all walks of life in our community can come and enjoy the best arts and culture Crystal Palace has to offer.
Celebrating together is important for the spirit of our lovely community here in Crystal Palace so please help us keep it free for all!
So what does your donation fund?
Westow Park is free for all to attend and it costs approximately £20,000 for the infrastructure for the park event – here’s some costs you would help fund:
– 121 donations of £20 will pay for the main stage hire
– 117 donations of £15 will pay for the toilet hire
– 120 donations of £10 will pay for the marquee and gazebo hire in the kids zone.
The festival is still volunteer run and led so we need to cover expenses to make sure our fab volunteers are trained and looked after:
– 25 donations of £10 will pay for refreshments over festival weekend
– 15 donations of £20 will pay for training for all volunteers
– 20 donations of £15 will pay for a thank you party post festival.
Vintage up the Palace was a wonderful event in 2014 and we would love to bring it back this year – here’s some of the costs you would help fund:
– 23 donations of £20 will fund the PA
– 45 donations of £15 will fund the marquee, gazebos, chairs and tables hire costs
– 53 donations of £5 will fund St John’s first aid for the day
We don’t want to overwhelm you with numbers but these give you an idea of the costs of putting on the festival.
Please view a full estimated budget for the 2015 festival so you see exactly where your money is going.
You can also view our accounts from 2011, 2012 and 2013 here.
Let’s make it happen together!